Yesterday was one of those trying days as a mother. I have a two year old that has shown no interest in using the potty. I tried one other time to train him and he was not having it. So I thought I would try again (attempt #2). The day did not start well. I would put him on the toilet and he wouldn't go. I put his pants back on and within five minutes he would wet his pants. This happened a few times. Then somehow he finally went pee in the toilet so I made a huge deal of it and gave him an M&M. He was excited and for the next few hours he continued to pee in the toilet with no accidents. I was so excited. I thought he had gotten the hang of it and maybe there was hope that this might happen.
Well half way through the day I noticed him behind the table, where he usually hides while pooping. I hurried over to take him to the bathroom but it was too late. There was pee and poo all over. I don't know if it was all of the juice that I was pumping into him or if he wasn't feeling well but he had major liquid poo. I will spare you the details but it was everywhere. I showered him off, cleaned up the mess and put a diaper back on him. I surrender. I give up. I am emotionally exhausted from the ordeal. I will try again in a few days when I stand a chance against the poop.
He will be three in March. I don't know if this is normal or if he is getting trained late. It has been a loooooong time since the last time I did this and it didn't seem so hard.
Memories Are The True Treasures
10 years ago
3 comments:
Oh, Angee- I feel your pain! I have faced similar catastrophes. It's emotionally draining to say the least. I attempted to potty train both of my boys a few times before it finally stuck. Elijah was about 2 1/2 and Rogue just barely made it before his 3rd birthday. Still, I have heard of others going even later. It just boils down to when they decide they're ready. Don't stress over it. Besides, I know that your 2 year old is very similar to my 2 year old, and there is just no way I'm allowing her near toilets anytime soon, so I'm not planning on rushing her out of diapers!
It just takes time, don't get frustrated to fast. There is always potty drama at least a few times during potty training. Just keep it up and keep making it a huge deal when he does go in the potty. He will get it soon enough.
Oh my heavens...Ang! You poor thing. Hang in there. I tried when Seth turned 2 and he peed in his pants even though we went to the potty every hour. After 3 long wet days I quit. Then around 2 3/4 we tried again and he only had a few accidents. Every kiddo is unique though...Joe is next on our potty training agenda...I'll be calling you for advice by then. Good lucK!
Post a Comment