Every year Country Cares does radiothons around the US to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. This is our (Columbia Spas) second year of sponsoring our local radio station's (KRKT) radiothon for St. Jude's. They spend two days running inspirational and tragic stories about little children who are suffering with catastrophic diseases. It is heartbreaking to listen to. I must say I shed a few tears. Not every child survives. St. Jude's is awesome. They are a research hospital and they help so many families, all free of charge.
We took the kids to the radio station on the last evening of the radiothon so we could all be there when they gave a spa away to one of the lucky people who donated money(a partner in hope). John gave the boys some money to donate. They were able to meet two girls that have been helped by St. Jude's. Sarah, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of two. She is now ten and in remission. She is a beautiful girl. They also got to meet Brooklyn who has a bone disease that has caused her to be blind. She is so cute and outgoing. It is amazing how she gets around. I hope my boys see how blessed they are to have their health and came away with a good feeling that they helped other children, not as fortunate as them. They raised just under $100,000.
We took the kids to the radio station on the last evening of the radiothon so we could all be there when they gave a spa away to one of the lucky people who donated money(a partner in hope). John gave the boys some money to donate. They were able to meet two girls that have been helped by St. Jude's. Sarah, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of two. She is now ten and in remission. She is a beautiful girl. They also got to meet Brooklyn who has a bone disease that has caused her to be blind. She is so cute and outgoing. It is amazing how she gets around. I hope my boys see how blessed they are to have their health and came away with a good feeling that they helped other children, not as fortunate as them. They raised just under $100,000.
Chloe's first pig tail. Cute!

2 comments:
What a great thing that they did. Such sad stories I bet. Oh and Chloe's first pig tail is adorable, I love it.
It was fun being part of this. I know that it goes to help lots of kids.
Post a Comment