September 8, 2009

Summer Recap Part I

The summer went by so fast. We didn't do anything spectacular, but we did have some fun. I decided I would do a little recap of the summer. I'll post a couple pictures of some of the things we did. It will have to be broken down some since there are lots of pics. We'll call this part one, which is all of June and some of July, I think.

Baseball
Ryan had lots of fun playing ball at the end of the school year/beginning of the summer. He played third base and outfield. He had some really good hits and earned lots of RBIs.

Slip and Slide
The boys had lots of fun playing in the water. We had some hot days this summer. We had to keep moving the slide to different parts of the yard since it was ruining the grass.


Chloe wasn't a huge fan of the water, so she watched and wandered around the yard.
My brown eyed beauty.

Berries and Jam
I thought I would post pictures of these just to make my mom jealous. She has wanted to come and pick blackberries for a long time. These are actually marionberries that my mother in law grew and picked. Thanks Goldie.
The finished product. We'll save some for you mom.
Swimming Lessons
This was Evan's first year taking lessons. He was so excited and jumped right in the pool the first week. The second week, for some odd reason, he totally freaked out and cried and screamed during his ENTIRE lesson. His teacher told me to leave him so I did. Two days of screaming the whole time. Week three, we resorted to bribery. I don't normally like to bribe my kids with food, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Fruit snacks did the trick and he was great the remaining three weeks of lessons.



Chloe was a great spectator.
Ryan actually got suctioned to the bottom of the kiddie pool. Scary! Luckily it wasn't that deep and he could breath until he got unstuck. He had bruises for over a week. Nice pattern from the drain, huh? Lesson learned, don't let your kids in the kiddie pool at Stayton pool.
Mint Festival
One of the guys that works for John was in charge of the Jefferson Mint Festival. John judged part of the car show for him so we all went along for some fun. John squeezed himself into a cow so Chloe could go on the ride. Lookin' good babe!
Ryan looks like he is super excited.
Cruisin' with the top down
Evan loves to drive his jeep and Chloe loves to ride. They are a perfect pair. Evan drove Chloe around all summer long. It is so cute to watch. They crack me up. Evan goes over to the neighbor's driveway, which is steep so he can cruise down it and get going faster.


Cub Scout Camp
Ryan had a fun time at camp. It happened to be the same week we had 107 degree weather. It was so crazy hot. The camp was behind a fire station. During the heat of the day the firemen would come and spray them down with their hoses. Despite the heat, Ryan had a blast.

Evan and Chloe loved watching all of the crazy scout skits.
Dinosaur Sandwiches
Yum. Evan and Chloe love them. Ryan too, actually.

Grandpa's Farm
We went and watched some of the wheat harvest.

Evan loved playing in the tractor.

OK, so this is maybe gross to some of you but it has been an overall theme for the entire summer. Evan has no shame. He pees wherever he likes. Whether it be grandpa's field or a parking lot at the mall. In my defense, all I can say is I have NO control. He has his pants down and a stream going in a matter of seconds. I turn around and there he is, PEEING. It must be nice to be a boy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW what a summer. Ryan and the pool is SCARY. I've heard stories about that, but never known anyone it happened to.

Dan and Marci Family said...

I love all the pictures it makes me miss you like crazy. Chloe has grown so much, and her hair is so long. Looks like your summer was fun.