July 9, 2009

Our 4th of July!

We had a fun and busy 4th of July. This year our ward had a flag raising and breakfast. John took the kids while I stayed home and packed everything up for the rest of the days adventures. After the breakfast we started our traditional activities.

We go to the parade in Monmouth every year and sit on the same corner. They have a kids parade before the big one starts. The kids decorate their bikes, scooter, wagons or whatever and get to ride a mile or so with the crowd watching on. Our kids love this every year.


My little firecrackers.



Chloe sat and took in all the excitement, when she wasn't trying to run into the street.

Evan hung out with Aunt Michele in the back, as far away from the loud noises as possible. Thanks Michele.

All the cousins sit on the curb so they can run out and grab the candy that is thrown.
After the parade we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for a BBQ. The kids had lots of fun playing with their cousins.
And lastly, we always go to the Salem/Keizer Volcanoes game. It is lots of fun and they have great fireworks after the game. This is the only good picture I got from the game.

All the other pictures of the game turned out like this. Basically because I really have no idea how to work our camera properly. This is with the fill light maxed out so you can even see the people. Oh-well. Better luck next time?

1 comment:

Dan and Marci Family said...

How fun I love chloe's hair, looks like your doing great. Don't worry I'll post soon.