Garden of the Gods is one of my most favorite places on the planet, that I know of so far. It is so beautiful and awe inspiring. The whole area is just gorgeous and it made me soooo homesick for Colorado. As an added bonus, for my pleasure I am sure, the whole time we were hiking the trails it thundered and echoed through the rocks. It was awesome! Oh how I miss a good thunder and lightening storm. It was a great day.
Since we were in Colorado Springs we stopped at the US Air Force Academy. It is right at the base of the most beautiful mountains. It is a gorgeous campus. My dad used to take us to the Air Force vs. BYU football games. We didn't have time to walk to the chapel but we hit the gift shop and the B2 bomber. Ryan couldn't believe that the guard searched our car and trunk when we entered. We had to explain to him about the evils of the world and keeping our country safe.

The chapel is in the distance. It is such a beautiful building.
The boys had so much fun chasing these poor geese. I was kind of worried they were going to get annoyed with the boys and turn and attack, but they never did. The smart ones flew up on top of the bomber.
1 comment:
That is beautiful! I want to go to Garden of the Gods.
Post a Comment