June 30, 2008

Yea, Summer is here!!!!!

Finally summer is here (knock on wood). I am done with the gloominess and ready to soak in the sun. I love it now that it is staying light longer. The boys have been playing outside with the neighborhood kids in the evening. We live in a cul-de-sac so there is plenty of room to ride bikes and run around. Although the pavement is nice for bike riding, Evan has had a few run ins with the pavement. The poor kids knees and feet are covered in scabs. The scabs on his knees keep breaking open and his shorts get blood all over them. I think he might get some nice looking scars. He also has big scrapes on his nose and chin. Ouch!!

We also finally have a fence so I can send Evan in the back yard and not have to worry about him running off. John just finished staining it. Thank you sweetie. It is really nice having some privacy. Especially when we use the hot tub. I am hoping that we will use the back yard more now. I would like to eat dinners out there and get some use out of our patio furniture.

2 comments:

Dan and Marci Family said...

What cute boys! I love the look on Evan's face in the first picture.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

that last pic of the brothers is adorable!