I usually think my 2 year old son Evan is adorable. But right now he is on my black list and I am not finding any of his cute comments or smiles cute in the least. Last night John and I were getting ready to go to bed at eleven. Evan got out of bed and called for me, which I love when he calls me mommy in his sweet little voice. So I put him back in bed and tucked him in, no big deal. Little did we know the nightmare that was to come. Fifteen minutes later he was up again so I put him back to bed again. Then ten minutes later he was up again. This went on for probably an hour when John got fed up and just let him sleep with us (luckily on John's side of the bed). After a while of Evan tossing and turning and moving around (while not sleeping) I demanded he go back to his own bed. He came back into our room again and i finally just made a bed for him on the floor next to me with his blanket and pillow (it is now 2:30 a.m.). He laid there for quite some time. Long enough that I thought he had finally gone to sleep and therefore fell asleep myself. At 3:45 a.m. I was awoken from my sleep by the sound of a blaring television and a cracking sound. I sat up and noticed most all of the lights in the house were on. After cursing the little stink (in my mind) I got up and walked out to the great room. Much to my horror my 2 year old is holding not one, but two sharp knives and sticking them in the electrical outlet to pry the child protective coverings off. He already had one of them off. After I quickly took the knives away I noticed what he had been doing the last hour while we had all slept. He must have decided he was hungry because he got the bread out and took out every single piece. He had gotten into the jam and covered every piece of bread in the bag with jam. There was jam covering the counter, chair, the floor and him.
My blood was really boiling now and I am only partly ashamed to say that I started yelling at him. What the H#%* child? I guess with my yelling and the blaring television John was not able to sleep and he came out to see the nightmare. Oh and I forgot to tell you that he had also covered Ryan's Nintendo DS in jam. That is what he was trying to plug in when I caught him with the knives. We turned off the television and I started cleaning the mess. Evan didn't seem to know what the big deal was. John cleaned up Ryan's DS and got the game out that Evan had covered in jam and put in backwards. I mopped up all the jam and changed Evan's clothes. After getting the mess cleaned up John put Evan to bed, making a few threats as to what might happen to him if he got out of bed again. John and I went back to bed now at 4:30 in the morning. But alas, it wasn't long until the pitter patter of little feet alerted us to our 2 year olds presence. John was up like a shot and grabbed him and put him back in bed (he was super ticked at this point). Evan must have finally gotten the hint because he stayed in bed and fell asleep. Poor John got about two hours of sleep and I got three, maybe.
Morning came and I was up getting Ryan ready for school all the while Evan slept peacefully in his bed (grrrrrrrrrr!!). It came time to take Ryan to school and so I woke Evan. He was peeved that I woke him up. Hello???????? You kept me up all night! He wouldn't get out of bed and cried the whole way to the school and home and the crying continued for the next twenty minutes. I am so tired. I hope this was a one time thing. Seriously what is up with staying up all night, making jam sandwiches, playing with knives and electricity and blaring the television? If it happens again tonight Evan might be looking for a new family that likes the night life.
Sorry I had to vent to someone.
Memories Are The True Treasures
10 years ago
4 comments:
Oh my. I cannot stop laughing while covering my mouth in horror. Is this really what I have to look forward to? Good luck tonight. I'll be thinking of you while I'm up with my hungry little man.
LOL!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so sorry, but I also can't stop laughing! I think it is such a good thing that our children are so cute or I think we would kill them. I pray Zach never does anything like that but, come on we all know it's about to happen right? :) Oh Ang, I am so sorry! I just love ya! :) Good luck tonight! I don't know who to pray for you or Evan! :)
Sounds like a close call for Evan. You might need to invest in some straps for his bed.(just kidding) I hope it was a one night thing for Evan's sake.
Angie, I'm waiting for an update on Evan's evenings. Is life normal again? Whatever normal may be right.
Post a Comment